January 23, 2011

Learning how to jump through the hoops and avoid scams along the way

What to do, what to do? Most of my writing involves health related subjects, personal experiences within the medical system, and fun short stories with the intention of generating laughter during a time which seems all to very dark, dismal and simply desperate. But, one thing that I know for certain that relates to these other subjects, and society as a whole, is that money creates a lot of stress, especially when one has very little of it. I, myself, am not unfamiliar with this concept, and am struggling tooth and nail to keep myself afloat. I recently applied for, and was approved for food assistance. This was a tremendous relief, and certainly a huge help to my pocket book in general. Although, I have to admit that it hasn't saved me all that much money, as I was actually unable to buy much food beforehand .. so, like many, I was eating sparsely and taking hand outs and help where I could find it. I am thankful that I now have the option to purchase enough groceries to eat everyday, and to eat healthy food at that!
One thing that I have become very acutely aware of is that in order to receive any sort of assistance for basic survival, given that you are out of a job, disabled or somewhere in between, you have to learn what exactly may be available to you, how to jump through the hoops, and therefore, how to "play the game." This are key points so that you may find yourself on the positive end of this everyday battle. It's easy to become stuck, and for the lack of a better metaphor, banging your end against the wall. So, I would like to share what I have found to be out there, how to access various programs, what you need to do, or not do, in order to qualify, and how to avoid the potholes along the way.
Many people are desperate for cash these days, this fact is certainly not a secret and it's led to many creating increasingly creative scams which ultimately target those whom DO NOT have the funds in the first place. This is a sad fact, but very true, and if one doesn't tread carefully and know what to watch out for, many may fall victim with great ease to an array of different financial scams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews